Monday, September 7, 2009

Almost Bat Masterson.

When I wasn't busy being Davy Crockett, sometimes I was Roy Rogers and sometimes Bat Masterson. Here are the various pieces of my Bat outfit. The hat (not quite derbyish but not quite cowboy), the cane (sorry, no hidden knife or sword), and the gentlemanly pistol (a Hubley Remington .36). Thus equipped, all I had to do was hum the theme song and I was a 1/2 scale neighborhood version of Gene Barry. If only I'd had the vest. James Reasoner models both hat and vest over at Rough Edges.

5 comments:

David Cranmer said...

Ah, very cool duds... I'm almost done with season one and there isn't a bad episode in the bunch.

Cap'n Bob said...

And you also had the savoir faire.

Jeff Smith said...

Nice collection!

Evan Lewis said...

Wish I could say all this stuff was mine. I do have the gun, and a single cane, but the hat is lost to the ages.

Anonymous said...

I don't know if the real Bat always wore fancy duds. Photos of him give that impression, but then, in the 1800's, getting photographed was a special occasion, so people dressed up for it. A photograph of the Wild Bunch (including Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid) shows them in suits and derbies. And a photo of Ben Thompson shows him dressed to the nines.