Thursday, September 10, 2009

The Toyman Rides Again

I probably shouldn't dangle this cover before your eyes so soon. It'll make you want the book right now - and it won't be published until March. But I couldn't help myself. So here's my advice: Find a jar and slap a "Toyman Rides Again" on it. Then, every day as you empty change from your pockets, dump the dough in that jar. You won't miss the money, and by March you'll have enough to buy a copy for yourself and another for your Aunt Petunia.

Here's the setup: Former investigative reporter Jack Lorentz just wants to be left alone to run his business dealing collectible toys from the Baby Boomer era. In the first book in this Fivestar series, Love, Death and the Toyman, Jack was dragged into (and solved) a nasty murder case. Now, as he tries to get his toy business back on track, he's plagued by publicity from that case. A new client barges in, insisting Jack investigate mysterious goings-on in a troop of 7th Cavalry re-enactors. The troop is heading for Montana, and the General Custer of the group is getting death threats. Well, Jack rides along, and before you know it he's knee-deep in trouble on the Little Bighorn. It's half-mystery, half-western, and all thrills. Get it now! Oops, I mean get it in March!

4 comments:

Cap'n Bob said...

I can't wait. Sounds like a real winner. Thanks for the heads up.

Evan Lewis said...

I've already saved twenty-seven cents.

Paul Bishop said...

I'm in line for this one. Way cool idea!

Evan Lewis said...

Thanks for stopping by, Paul. Come back anytime and take your shoes off.