Monday, January 17, 2011

Fairy Tale Crime Challenge - The Stories


The challenge from John Kenyon at Things I'd Rather Be Doing was to write a crime fiction story based on a fairy tale. Along with "Skyler Hobbs and the Magic Solution" (posted here Saturday) there were 15 other entries. I'm still working my way through the list, but the ones I've read so far have been magical!

The Flying Trunk” by Jack Bates
Coal Black” by Eric Beetner
Sing a Song of Sixpence” by Nigel Bird
Henry, Gina and the Gingerbread House“by Kaye George
Mary” by Eiric Gumeny
Han and Greta” by Blu Gilliand
Divided We Stand” by Sean Patrick Reardon
Taking Back” by Sandra Seamans
Candy House” by R.L. Kelstrom
Joseph and Justine” by Patti Abbott
King Flounder: A Monlogue” by Loren Eaton
Life is a Fairy Tale” by BV Larson
You Dirty Rats” by Absolutely*Kate and Harry B, Sanderford
How I Came Into My Inheritance” by Seana Graham
Skyler Hobbs and the Magic Solution“  by Evan Lewis
Interview with the Pram Driver” by B. Nagel

4 comments:

Charles Gramlich said...

I'll have to check some of these out.

David Cranmer said...

I wasn't able to read all of them but the few I did were very well done.

Anonymous said...

What a great resource!

Kate Pilarcik ~ absolutely said...

Once Upon A Crime . . . and then again, and then again

I'm enjoying them along with the happenstance of Hobbs. ~ Absolutely*Kate