Monday, May 9, 2011

The Edgar Awards, Part 5: Best Novelists

The nominees for Best Novel. For an earlier photo of All Nominees, Steve Hamilton and I were in the back row, where I shook his soon-to-be winning hand, but I failed to meet these other folks. Far as I know, the sixth Best Novel nominee, Tana French, was not in attendance.

Laura Lippman, author of I'd Know You Anywhere, with agent David Hale Smith, there to support his client and Best PBO nominee, Duane Swierczynski. I was pleased to make the reacquaintance of Mr. Smith, whom I met in Portland a few years back.

Timothy Hallinan (The Queen of Patpong), center. 
That's Best First Novelist Bruce DeSilva at left, and David Morrell at right.

Tom Franklin, author of Crooked Letter, Crooked Letter.

Harlan Coben (Caught), with Ann Armstrong Coben and Shelley Costa.

Steve Hamilton (The Lock Artist) with that coveted statue of Ed.

All pics by Matt Peyton Photography. Coming soon: More nominees, more winners. Hey, the MWA sent me about 800 pictures. I might as well share a few of them.

5 comments:

Deka Black said...

So many neckties... I like the first pic, is like a CD cover.

Evan Lewis said...

I was glad to see those neckties. Tuxedos (with bow ties) were preferred, but I was one of the unpreferred, and we were in the majority.

Ron Scheer said...

I'm a stranger here myself, but thx for the celebrity pics and the commentary. I became aware of Harlan Coben only recently as the writer of the novel that was made into TELL NO ONE.

Deka Black said...

Well Evan, as all people know: bowties are cool now.

Anonymous said...

That Edgar Award statue is SO ugly. Every year I keep thinking they will come to their senses and commission a new one, but no.