Monday, April 7, 2014

Cap Gun Monday: Leslie-Henry DAVY CROCKETT


Of course, Old Davy never saw a weapon remotely like this while he was alive, but that didn't stop toymakers like the Leslie-Henry Company of Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania from cashing in on his fame. 

This 9-inch pistol, from around 1955, was manufactured with many different names, including Gene Autry and Annie Oakley, but the Davy model is scarcer than most, probably because they didn't sell as many (but don't tell Davy that).






4 comments:

Cap'n Bob said...

It'll be great to see your cap gun collection here.

Rick Robinson said...

Guns were verboten in my home when I grew up. I remember friends having cap guns, but none anything like this, not so fancy.

Evan Lewis said...

I'm pretty sure I was born with a cap gun in my hand. And a coonskin cap on my head.

Unknown said...

Davy Crockett + Coonskin Cap = National Craze: http://davycrockettsalmanack.blogspot.com/