Saturday, October 11, 2014

Toy Soldier Saturday: MARX 54mm Cavalry (Part 2)


When I posted the first batch of these guys a couple of weeks ago (HERE), I said they made their debut in 1957. The Right Reverend Cap'n Bob Napier differed, saying they didn't show up until 1967. Sadly, he's probably right. If so, it means I never saw these guys as a kid, and Louis Marx perpetrated a ten-year fraud on us gullible snotnoses by manning their Fort Apache playsets with recycled Alamo defenders (you'll find those HERE) instead of cavarlymen. Shame on us both.








More Toy Soldiers HERE.

1 comment:

Cap'n Bob said...

I didn't give it much thought until you ran the first batch, but other than the 60mm Fort Apache cavalrymen the forts were manned by frontiersmen and a few 45mm soldiers.

My research came up with the 54mm 7th Cavalry figures being developed in 1967 and released in 1968. The Custer figure didn't come out until 1972 to coincide with the TV show The Legend of Custer.

Then there are the long coat guys, which I don't have. Not sure when they came out.