Monday, May 18, 2015

Cap Gun Monday: Nichols Stallion 38


This is how my collection began. Back in 1985, I heard Clayton Moore was coming to town, and wanted something for him to autograph. One place I hunted was an antique toy store, and there in a glass case was this set of Stallion 38s. My blood started racing. They were identical to a pair I had as a kid, and when I got them in my hands the memories came rolling in. That was it. I was hooked. I spent the next decade or so haunting flea markets, collectible shows and antique malls reacquiring other old weapons and acquiring new ones. I never did make it to see the Lone Ranger. 

These babies are 9 1/2 inches long and nicely balanced for twirling. They have a cool nickel finish. I also have a later model with cream-colored grips and a chrome finish, which we'll see later down the line. 









\

Our Cap Gun arsenal is HERE.

3 comments:

Cap'n Bob said...

I like them, but it's a shame you didn't see Clayton Moore. Why didn't you?

Charles Gramlich said...

I'm jealous, man

Oscar Case said...

I usually say this about good-looking women, Nice Pair.